Mondli Ngcobo, Manager Public Participation
Tel: 039 688 5716
Role of Public Participation:
• Manages the office of the Speaker of the District
• Coordination of the Back to Basic program by providing relevant information (POE) that deals with 84 ward committees
• Coordinates the Mayoral Izimbizo, IDP road shows and provide analysis thereafter. Responsible for research reports.
• Attendance at ward committees and public meetings and provide reports that requires the Ugu District's attention,
• Coordinates Skills Development programs for ward committees. Programs include:
-Community Based Planning
-Public Participation in local government
-Core Municipal Processes
-Communication, Facilitation and Conflict Management
-Induction programs of ward committees, constitution , roles and responsibilities of ward committees.
• Coordination of the Speakers Forum and reporting to Manco and the Executive Committee on recommendations made by the Speakers Forum.
• Assisting government departments through the mobilisation of stakeholders in specific programs
• Attendance at Public Participation Forum meetings in the District, Province and National and subsequent reporting
• Attending to issues and correspondence submitted to the office of the Speaker by the public that requires theSpeakers and the Municipality's attention